Your host Bryce Henson interviews Austin Martinez Director of Education at StretchLab. Austin is a Certified Athletic Trainer with both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Athletic Training. Austin has experience working with professional athletes and is a published author in the Journal of Sports Medicine and Allied Health Sciences for his research on ACL Injuries. He has also been featured in several magazines such as Men’s Health.
Hear about his journey through education and his exciting career path. Learn valuable knowledge on what it takes to open and run a successful franchise while impacting people’s lives.
- 01:10 – Bryce introduces today’s guest, a certified athletic trainer with a Bachelor’s and Master’s in athletic training and sports medicine. Welcome, Austin Martinez, Director of education at StretchLab franchise.
- 01:50 – Born and raised in California Austin shares his backstory through his education and career journey in the athletic industry.
- 03:20 – Bryce asks Austin to share about what made him decide to go to Ohio University and his time working with the Astros baseball organization.
- 05:44 – Austin talks about the differences between training normal people and athletes.
- 10:15 – Find out what StretchLab is and what Austin’s role encompasses.
- 12:25 – Get a deeper understanding of what brings people into StretchLab.
- 15:05 – Find out what the average business professional should know about flexibility but doesn’t.
- 17:55 – Austin shares the mechanics of what he does in his position.
- 23:45 – Follow along as Bryce transitions into the business side of the fitness franchise world.
- 29:55 – Bryce asks Austin to break down what type of training they offer from a flexology and leadership perspective.
- 33:40 Bryce’s famous Q&A lightning round. Q: What is your zone of genius? A: A desire to grow. Q: Biggest passion? A: Continued learning. Q: Best advice you have received? A: Be of service. Q: Book Recommendation? A: “How to win friends and influence people” by: Dale Carnegie.
- 43:25 – Find Austin at www.stretchlab.com and follow him on FB at Austin Martinez and IG @martinez.austin18
Subscribe to our latest podcasts here:
Follow us here: